Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Studio

I took this about a week ago and it's fun to see how much I have already changed these paintings. Some are done now. The one on the way left on the wall being cropped out is a painting commissioned by a friend. It was especially challenging as this painting had to go into their home and I wanted it to work. Thankfully they have wonderful taste and their house colors are wonderful. That pea green painting, the one on the floor with the red lines totally changed. I got rid of almost all the colors and ended up with a grey painting with bits of colors coming through. What's crazy is that this process always challenges me. When I took this picture I did not know what to do on several of these. Eventually I figure it out but one would think it would get easier with time. I keep making paintings, over and over again. Actually the one with the red dot in the upper right came very quickly and pretty much looks like it did last week and now it's done.

studio

3 comments:

heidi Younger Illustration said...

I love it! Your studio is wonderful and so visually exciting. It makes me want to paint more. I've long admired your illustrations Nicholas! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have just discovered you. I redo my collage too! I like to have them in my living space so I can look at them. Eventually, they end up back in the studio for some tweaking or very major alterations!

Unknown said...

A good compropmse mght be pandora online something your chikldren want, wich cheap pandora will also be usefdul for them & you. Last year, scooter for one of the boys was a big hit as he cuild whistle down the street at him, then fold it & put it in the bag when he juumped on the bus or want to go inside the shopping center ... Not bad for investment in accordance with $ 100.00. It saved me from going to take him with his bicycle many timse troughout the year. This Christmas does not maztter