Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Littlest Song



This is where I ended up. This was an interesting 
painting for me. The darks had to be really strong  as 
they are not particularly dynamic shapes. I wanted the eye
to bounce around  and then have the quieter elements softly 
converse... Two conversations going simultaneously. This 
composition almost feels musical to me.
I was listening to Jolie Holland singing "The littlest Birds"
which inspired the title. A fabulous song if you have never
 heard it before..

3 comments:

by anja denz said...

hi nicholas,
i like your painting very much and my eye bounced around alot and got quieter and looked happy on your picture! and what a beautiful song you posted, too. i love to draw birds, so i should draw and listen to this lovely song next time. :-) best wishes, anja

Nicholas Wilton said...

Anja- it looks cold there! thanks for plucking out my work..your line drawings are terrific!--

jiang said...

It is also worn by pandora online groom-to-be and indicates cheap pandora that she is going to marry very soon with her sweetie. For getting pandora charm the best diamond engagement rings it would pandora charms australia be better to visit a highly established and certified online thomas sabo charms jewelry stores where we can find a wide range of engagement rings in various designed thomas charms